Job Description Summary
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform assigned administrative, clerical, and secretarial duties in accordance with established procedures, and as directed by your supervisor.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Clerical, administrative, and/or secretarial experience preferred, but not required.2. On-the-job training provided.3. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.2. Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.3. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, visitors and the general public.4. Must be able to type a minimum of fifty words per minute, use a ten key calculator, and be able to use a personal computer to complete word processing and spreadsheet tasks.5. Ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.6. Ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.7. Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.8. Be able to follow written and oral instructions.9. Be knowledgeable in the use of personal computers, data input, etc.10. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle patients, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level on which they are currently functioning.11. Must be knowledgeable in secretarial duties, use of equipment, etc., related to secretarial functions.
Job Specific Duties
- Is aware of and understands the facility-wide compliance and security plan, as well as this Department’s compliance and security plan. Agrees to follow the compliance and security plan. Understands that failure to follow the compliance and security plan is grounds for discharge from employment. Administrative Functions (Continued)
- Maintains confidentiality for the protected health information (PHI) of all patients and staff. Understands that breaches in confidentiality of PHI is grounds for discharge from employment.3. Make appointments, run errands, take and deliver messages for President, as requested.4. Receive and screen office visitors and telephone calls as necessary.5. Schedule meetings and coordinate calendar appointments for President, as requested.6. Type, file, and distribute correspondence as directed.7. Receipt and summarize (cash sheet and cash sheet summary) all incoming cash and checks for the facility. This includes receipts received via mail as well as walk-in payments, clinic payments, and payments from ancillary admissions. This job duty also includes preparing and delivering the daily bank deposit.8. Cash Drawer Responsibility.9. Preparation and record keeping for all facility wide contracts. Prepare for annual review of contracts by managers and Governing Board.10. Recording of minutes for Governing Board meetings, Department Manager meetings, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings and back up for Medical Staff meetings. Documentation of various other facility meetings and other administrative paperwork, etc., as requested.11. Assistance with the medical staff credentialing process as directed by President. 12. Assistance with insurance re-credentialing of the facility and/or providers, as directed by the President. Gathering information in a timely manner and submitting to stay in compliance with Insurance Carriers.13. Assist in keeping Medical Staff By-Laws, Medical Staff Rules & Regulations and Corporate By-Laws updated per direction of President.14. Type letters, reports, statements, minutes, agendas (Governing Board, Administrative Team, Department Manager) etc. as directed. Send out Board and Finance committee packets approximately one week before the meetings.15. Maintain files and other records as directed.16. Promote and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.17. Prepare and mail/deliver letters, and/or other correspondence to President, Chief Financial Officer, and SLT members as directed.18. Prepare outgoing mail and sort incoming mail for the facility. 19. Arrange for meetings, conferences, etc., as directed to include but not limited to Medical Staff, Governing Board, Department Manager, and SLT.20. Compose and prepare routine correspondence for signature.21. Receive Hi-Line Health Foundation donations in the absence of Foundation Manager.22. Responsible for Annual Board newsletter in November of each year.23. Report complaints and grievances to supervisor as necessary.24. File incident/accident reports in accordance with established policies.25. Release information in accordance with established policies and procedures.26. Perform special projects as needed for President, CFO, and SLT members as directed.27. Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary to meet the needs of the facility.
Day Shift – 8 Hours (United States of America)
Please know schedules and shifts are subject to change based on patient care and department/organizational needs.
Logan Health operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Schedules are set to accommodate the requirements of the position and the needs of the organization and may be adjusted as needed.
Notice of Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
If you receive a job offer, please note all offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment screening, which includes:
- Criminal background check
- Reference checks
- Drug Screening
- Health and Immunizations Screening
- Physical Demand Review/Screening
Equal Opportunity Employer
Logan Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA/M-F/Vet/Disability). We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on protected veteran status, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law. If you require accommodation to complete the application, testing or interview process, please notify Human Resources.